Pentair IntelliFlo Ultra Energy Efficient Variable Speed Pool Pump
IntelliFlo® Variable Speed pumps combine variable drive technology, onboard digital intelligence, and permanent magnet motors (used in hybrid cars) to reduce pump-related energy costs by up to 90%. An Eco Select® Brand Choice: Standard pool pumps can consume as much energy as all other home appliances combined, often costing residential pool owners more than $1,000 per year! IntelliFlo pumps can typically cut energy use up to 90%, generally saving up to $1,500 in utility costs annually…more where rates are higher than average.*
- Ability to program exact pump speeds for specfic operation – filtering, heating, cleaning, spa jets, water features and more – slashes energy costs up to 90%.
- VS SVRS model automatically shuts off in the event of an entrapment incident.
- Built-in diagnostics protect the IntelliFlo pump from the most common causes of premature failure – overheating, freezing and voltage irregularities.
- Safety lock-out feature (password protected) on SVRS model prevents pump speed settings from being changed by unauthorized personnel
- Ability to set minimum and maximum speeds so IntelliFlo will only operate within the ranges set to help assure safe operation and long life
- Compatible wth IntelliTouch®, EasyTouch® and SunTouch® pool control systems
- Certified to Australian Standards
- 5 year limited warranty. Terms and conditions apply.
IntelliFlo pumps brought variable speed technology to market— a full 5 years ahead of every other manufacturer. But the leader never stands still. So we’ve taken full advantage of our head start to perfect these IntelliFlo pump firsts:
- Ultra-efficient permanent magnet motors, as used in advanced hybrid cars.
- Precise matching of motor speed to your pool’s needs.
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) motor design for long life and quiet operation.
- Built-in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life. And today, IntelliFlo pumps still lead the way with all these advantages:
- Permanent magnet motor design for greater efficiency.
- More total energy savings than any other pool pump family in history.
- Over 5 years of proven in-field reliability.
- Exclusive software and digital controls make programming a cinch.
- Easy installation for inground pools and pool/spa combos of all types and sizes, new or aftermarket.
- Once installed, the IntelliFlo pump is fully compatible with IntelliTouch®, EasyTouch® and SunTouch® Control Systems, providing a range of options from indoor control panels to wireless remotes to manage pool heating, lighting, spa jets, water features and more. Add our ScreenLogic® Interface and IntelliTouch and EasyTouch system owners can enjoy pool and spa control using their iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® mobile digital device, Mac® computer or PC2 .
Most pool pumps, even so-called “energy-efficient” models, still use the traditional technology of an induction-style motor. The IntelliFlo pump uses an advanced permanent magnet motor—the same technology found in today’s hybrid cars. Result: savings of up to 90%, even compared to “high efficiency” single-speed and two-speed pumps.
IntelliFlo pumps introduced a new level of quiet to the pump world. With their permanent magnet motors, totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design, and low average operating speed, they’re so whisper-quiet that you may not even know they’re operating. But the quantity of sound is only one measure of quietness. Sound quality is important, too. That’s why we engineered the IntelliFlo pump’s permanent magnet motor to virtually eliminate the unpleasant high-pitched noise found in other so-called “quiet” variable speed pumps—so you enjoy a more relaxing, satisfying pool and spa experience.
Traditional pumps operate at set, unchangeable speeds. Those speeds are almost always higher than required. As a result, they overpower the jobs they’re assigned to do, which wastes energy. The IntelliFlo pump allows custom programming of optimum pump speeds for specific tasks such as filtering, heating, cleaning, spa jets and waterfalls. For virtually all applications, the optimum speed is lower than the preset, unchangeable speeds of older pumps. When water moves more slowly for longer periods, it helps reduce the occurrence of algae that forms more easily when water is pumped briskly and then allowed to rest for long intervals. Your filter works more effectively because it has more time to sift out particles from the water, and because particles aren’t forced through the filter media under needlessly high pressure. Automatic chemical dispensers and chlorinators also work better when water is kept moving.
IntelliFlo pumps have amassed a record of field-proven reliability that’s unmatched by any other variable speed pump. Here’s how:
- Permanent magnet motor runs cooler, produces less vibration than induction motors.
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design protects against the elements.
- Built-in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life.