ThinTanks 4000lt Slimline Water Tank
Designed to be non-intrusive and aesthetically-pleasing, these tanks can be configured in any quantity to achieve your desired water storage capacity. Moreover, Slimline water tanks are markedly easy to position in virtually any location, including alongside fences, against a house wall, as a landscaping item to form an internal courtyard or to screen a back yard. All Slimline tanks are proudly Made in Australia.
Designed for easy installation & space saving, ThinTanks™ Slimline Rainwater Tanks are the thinnest available water tank for any capacity. On the forefront of ground-breaking technology, the Adelaide-made ThinTanks™ range of rainwater storage tanks has been developed for space-saving water conservation across both residential and commercial applications.
We have included in this guide the instructions for the freestanding as well as the wall mounted water tanks. For those that need a more practical solution we have also provided a PDF download at the bottom of this page.
It is important for all ThinTanks™ being the 1000 litre, 2000 litre, 3000 litre and 4000 litre water tanks to stand on a solid base, that will not settle or move when wet.
The water tanks can be laid on sloping ground, along the length of the tank. Surface must be horizontal (LEVEL) across the width of the tank to allow the sides of the tank to be vertical.
4000 Litre ThinTanks™ Free Standing Installation Guide
- Form and pour 150mm thick concrete slab, 1000mm wide with 150mm overlap on ends.
- Use F82 fabric placed centrally 75mm above prepared surface.
- Use a carpenter’s level to make sure the concrete surface is level across the width.
- Secure tank to the concrete using brackets BS201 – one each end. With multiple tanks use bracket BSD201 between tanks
Caution: In step 1, the size listed may not be large enough in sandy areas, also seek advice from a local fencing contractor or a civil engineer.
4000 Litre ThinTanks™ Wall Mounted Installation Guide
- On an existing pavement, sloping away from a fence or wall, the surface must be built up to ensure the tank face is vertical and the back of the tank is flush against the fence or wall.
- Position first tank on prepared base and fix to fence or wall using bracket WB02 each end. Place brackets approximately 1400mm above base. Wall brackets need to be fixed to wall using Dyna Bolts on both ends of the brackets.
- Brackets are required to ensure tank(s) cannot be accidentally pulled over by human effort.