Thintanks 3000lt Slimline Water Tank
Designed to be non-intrusive and aesthetically-pleasing, these tanks can be configured in any quantity to achieve your desired water storage capacity. Moreover, Slimline water tanks are markedly easy to position in virtually any location, including alongside fences, against a house wall, as a landscaping item to form an internal courtyard or to screen a back yard. All Slimline tanks are proudly Made in Australia.
We have included in this guide the instructions for the freestanding as well as the wall mounted water tanks. For those that need a more practical solution we have also provided a PDF download at the bottom of this page.
It is important for all ThinTanks™ being the 1000 litre, 2000 litre and 3000 litre water tanks to stand on a solid base, that will not settle or move when wet.
The water tanks can be laid on sloping ground, along the length of the tank. Surface must be horizontal (LEVEL) across the width of the tank to allow the sides of the tank to be vertical.
3000 Litre ThinTanks™ Free Standing Installation Guide
- Form And Pour 150mm Thick Concrete Slab, 1000mm Wide With 150mm Overlap On Ends.
- Use F82 Fabric Placed Centrally 75mm Above Prepared Surface.
- Use A Carpenter’s Level To Make Sure The Concrete Surface Is Level Across the Width. (Very Important).
- Secure Rainwater Tank To The Concrete Slab Using Bracket BS301 On Each End.
- If Installing Multiple Water Tanks You Will Need To Use Bracket BS301 Between Each Tank
Download The 3000 Litre Free Standing Water Tank Installation PDF (Opens In A new Window)
3000 Litre ThinTanks™ Wall Mounted Installation Guide
- On an existing pavement, sloping away from a fence or wall, the surface must be built up to ensure the tank face is vertical and the back of the tank is flush against the fence or wall.
- Provide concrete slabs, 100mm minimum thickness, both ends, for fixing with BS301 brackets.
- With multiple tanks use a BS301 bracket between tanks.
- Brackets are required to ensure tank cannot be accidentally pulled over by human effort.